News & Resources
2023: Our Year in Review
For many organizations including Circle Center, 2023 felt like the first “back to normal” year since Covid. We made the most of that renewed energy and spirit with program enhancements, community education, and more.
In case you missed a newsletter or two, here are some highlights from this past year:
- Served 121 individuals, each participating in our program an average of three days per week.
- Re-opened our Wellness Room and added lots of new programming options, including Zumba, Chair One Fitness, Devotions, Tai Chi and meditation. Check our our Facebook page for glimpses of our participants enjoying these activities.
- Provided physical, occupational, and speech therapy to 50% of our participants, through our on-site partnership with Powerback Rehab.
- Added a monthly in-person caregiver support group, while continuing to offer a monthly online group, as well.
- Our CEO, Heather spoke about “The Hidden ‘E’ in DEI” at the annual Disrupt RVA event. Her talk is well-worth the five minutes it takes to watch.
- The Virginia Center on Aging at VCU featured Circle Center as its case study in its fall issue of Age in Action. It provides a nice overview of the features and benefits of adult day services.
- Our team participated in the walk to end Alzheimer’s and Heather co-authored an opinion piece in the Richmond Times-Dispatch with Lissa Greenlee, executive director for the central Virginia Alzheimer’s chapters.
- We published our first Impact Infographic. This shows how YOUR support of Circle Center impacts the older adults and families we serve.
A Little Recognition, Too
- The Richmond-Times Dispatch recognized our own Hazel Snead, RN as one of ten “nurse heroes” in honor of Nurses Week in May.
- “Age and Grace”, our massive street mural, and artist Nico Cathcart received a regional silver award from the National Mural Awards. It’s a must see!
None of this happens without your support, so THANK YOU. And as always, please reach out to anyone on our team if you have questions, ideas, or thoughts as we embrace all the opportunities to help older adults in the year ahead!