Health & Wellness
Circle Center is staffed and dedicated to supporting the health and wellness of our clients.
The Center’s registered nurses are available Monday through Saturday to provide the following skilled services:
- Assessment of health related needs.
- Coordination with primary and specialist care providers.
- Health education for participants and caregivers.
- Medication administration and monitoring.
- Monitoring of weight, blood pressure, blood glucose, fluid intake, and general health status as needed.
- Referrals to physicians and other health care providers.
- Tube feedings, wound care and catheter management.
Licensed nursing staff provides the initial response to medical emergencies. There are written plans and procedures to handle disruptive behavior, including leaving the building and other emergencies. Staff are certified in CPR and first aid including choking.
Circle Center is dedicated to making the challenges of caregiving as easy as possible. We offer:
- Referral and coordination of onsite occupational, physical and speech therapy
- Help with therapy home programs
- Continuous monitoring and excellent carryover of all rehabilitation programs
- Assessment and recommendations for necessary medical/adaptive equipment
- An individualized walking program designed to meet specific needs of the participant
Webster’s dictionary defines wellness as “the quality or state of being in good health especially as an actively sought goal.” Here at Circle Center our goal is to help maintain and/or sustain each participant’s physical capacity as much as possible. Persons that live with Alzheimer’s disease, stroke, Parkinson’s or other challenging conditions have the same needs as the rest of the population. However, trying to maintain their current level of functioning can be difficult at times. The Wellness Program Manager and staff take pride in finding ways to keep all of our participants engaged in beneficial exercise programing.
Here at Circle Center we utilize a person centered care approach to building relationships with participants. This approach allows us to get participants involved in not only beneficial programming, but also something they will enjoy and attend on days present at the center.
We offer several classes every day:
- Monday through Friday there is a Boost your Bones class at 9:00am. This class is focused around the balance bar, where the class goes through several weight bearing exercises. This class is also held at 10:00am on Monday, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- A weightlifting class is also held here at the center every day. This class goes through a series of exercises to help maintain upper body strength using handheld weights.
- In the afternoons, a range of motion class is offered. This class helps with flexibility and utilization of both sides of their body.
However, not all classes in wellness are based around a typical exercise format like weightlifting, boost your bones, and range of motion. On Thursdays and Fridays, we offer a music and movement class that seems to be a favorite here at the center. This class encompasses participants’ love for music and dancing as a way to foster fun exercises and also self-expression.
Other exercise programming is facilitated throughout the center on a daily basis:
- There is a 10am exercise center wide.
- Chair Aerobics, Tai Chi, Chair Boxing
- Wii bowling
- Balloon Volleyball
Walking is also a big part of walking here at Circle Center. Staff encourage participants to ambulate as much as possible every day. For individuals that need supervision while walking, smalls groups will be formed to walk around the center daily. Individuals who can independently walk are given pedometers to track how much they walk.
One-to-one wellness programming is facilitated as well. If a participant has certain goals, the wellness manager can work with outside therapy teams to help accomplish these goals. If you have any questions about this please feel free to contact Nick via email or telephone. 804-355-5717 or email@example.com.
Personal Care Assistance
Participants are evaluated on a daily basis to assess their needs. The staff provides the necessary assistance with the following activities of daily living:
- Bathing (extra charge)
- General Supervision